Monday, December 27, 2010

December Desserts!

Winter's my favourite season - I love the feeling of coming in from the cold and de-thawing with a mug of hot chocolate, my blanket, and a large supply of chick flicks :) Whenever winter rolls around, it also means I have an excuse to binge on desserts! You can always hide the excess fat under cute peacoats and long trenchs ;)

Here's a round-up of the yummiest dessert and goodies I've had this past month:

selection of Sift mini-cakes, gingerbread cookies, and macarons :D

sift chocolate cake (the three closest to the camera) and the ispahan were my favourite

so I had to re-visit the real dessert bar
signature sift chocolate cake with vanilla ice cream :)

All this Sift reminded me of my birthday last year where my friend was sweet enough to arrange a huge Ispahan birthday cake!! It was pretty spectacular and almost tasted like Pierre Herme's. How I miss Paris!

sift Ispahan - raspberry, lychee, and rose buttercream macaron.

mandarin oriental's opera cake. always a winner!

a crazy dessert platter at Zuma. loved the gelato at the top :)

zuma's molten chocolate cake.

this is by far the best chocolate cake i've ever had. served warm, the chocolate oozed out the minute i sunk my fork in. i see why people always complement Zuma's pastry chef - he's an absolute genius! i wanted to return just for this dessert and will definitely be back for their Saturday Sake brunch :) i think it was so popular they had to take it off their menu so that some of the other desserts got a chance, but you can still ask them to make it for you!

do not share.

thomas trillion's rosenana. this was so much fun to break into!

slightly clearer picture at home. isn't it stunning? :)

thomas trillion's marron. also beautifully presented.
i'd love to try their mille feuille next time

christmas hamper!

love the huge pannetone and rosey apples

all my favourite british cookies! from oliver's the delicatessen

bourbon creams, custard creams, jam sandwich creams, and milk digestives <3

of course the requisite christmas log cake

and to round it all off... like I said, I love my hot chocolate!

Happy holidays!

---
Sift Dessert Bar
G/F, 46 Graham Street, Central
Tel: (852) 2530-4288

Zuma
5/F, The Landmark
15 Queen's Road Central
Tel: (852) 3657-6388

Thomas Trillion
G/F, 17 Wing Hing Street, Tin Hau
Tel: (852) 2806-0332