Friday, July 15, 2011

Restaurant Week: Bloom

I've been wanting to visit Bloom for a while now, especially considering how much I love the drinks at Lily. I had originally made reservations to check it out during Springalicious but something came up last minute. Luckily, Restaurant Week deals are even better and I quickly booked a table for two.


I had thought the lunch set was only 2-courses so I was pleasantly surprised when I saw cookies on the menu too!

We opted to share the two appetizers and mains so we could try a bit of everything. First up though was some delicious biscuits with butter :)

butter pot so cute

biscuit

I wrote earlier about how much I enjoyed the biscuits at Popeye's. These ones are even better!! If I weren't saving room for my 3-course lunch, I would've definitely asked for another helping.

snapper ceviche

There wasn't much snapper left when I got passed the plate! The flavours were good though - very fresh with the coriander, chillies, and citrusy juice. Perfect for summer. I felt like I should be out in a garden basking in the sun, eating ceviche and sipping sangria. Mmm.

new england clam chowder

This, however, was perfect for the kind of rainy week it's been in Hong Kong. The soup had a super rich, creamy texture (as always with clam chowder) and I loved the croutons soaked in it. However, it did make me crave clam chowder bread bowls from Quincy Market, or even au bon pain!

grilled tuna & artichoke

The piece of tuna was really hefty, though you can't really tell in the picture. It was nicely grilled, and seasoned lightly so you could really taste the fish. I enjoyed the salad mixed with zucchini and plums from our other main course:

pork tenderloin medallions

This was delicious! I don't generally order pork when out in restaurants (unless it's of the suckling pig variety) but I was really glad we got this. The pork by itself was nice and juicy, but when eaten with the plum coulis it was the perfect combination! No wonder the two are such a classic pairing. There was also zucchini under the pork which had a bit of a kick - they were in some kind of chili sauce.

meat :) with zucchinis hiding underneath

white choc macademia cookies

Fresh out the oven and the perfect way to end the meal. They were soft, warm, sweet, chocolaty, melt-in-your-mouth delicious. I think they were better without the chocolate sauce.

Service was spot on, ambiance was great, and the food was almost as good as their drinks ;)


---
Bloom
6/F, Lan Kwai Fong Tower
33 Wyndham Street
Central